Wednesday, December 30, 2009

A Bus Driver's Optimistic View

Being a school bus driver for the past 20 years, I have seen children of all kinds. Lately it seems the kids have lost a sense of values. There seems to be no respect, responsibility, courtesy, that children long ago possessed. Kids today are all about themselves, or so I thought. What a wonderful thing that happened, that made me feel hopeful. A new student was assigned to my route, and she showed excellent manners to me and to the other passengers. It was so nice to hear her say "Good Morning" to me, instead of just walking past me as if I weren't there. When she leaves, she always wishes me a good day. That makes me hopeful that her attitude will catch on.

This post is part of the MAT@USC: Masters in Teaching Hope for the holidays event. Did you have an experience or witness something in 2009 which gave you hope for the future of American education? If so, please see this post for more information on how to share it.

No comments:

Post a Comment